Saturday 3 December 2011

First Christmas Outfit...

 Yesterday I had my first taste of Christmas 2011. Each year my work hosts the Cash For Kids Christmas lunch to raise money for underprivileged children in the local area.This year we had performances from Emeli Sande, Gamu, Jai McDowall, Kassidy and Rebecca Ferguson and raised £72,000 for the charity. It's always a tricky event to dress for. Tying to find an outfit that looks glamorous and Christmasy but you can also comfortable enough to run around backstage in.

In the past I've tended to stick to black for working backstage but this year as I was trying to juggle Floor Manager with a little presenting I decided to opt for a splash of colour...

Structured Sleeveless Skater Dress £46 from Topshop


The red gives it the Christmasy feel I was looking for (also available in Black, Navy, Mustard and Aubergine) and the skater shape made it comfortable to run around in. I had planned to wear a thin belt but when I spotted this on in River Island I thought it added the perfect touch of glam...

Black Bow Wide Waist Belt £16 River Island
I decided to play it safe with the shoes and opted for a simple black suede heel...

Suede Platform Heel £29.99 New Look
A stiletto heel would never do for the running around that we do and even these started to ache after 7 hours, thankfully I had a pair of flats for the clear up. It wasn't the most exciting event outfit I've put together but I hope the simplicity and block colour made it work. I've only just realised I didn't take a single picture of myself yesterday. Thankfully No1 magazine was there to capture the looks of the day. I'll post a picture when they go up on-line.
 
If you would like to find out more about Cash For Kids here is how to do it... www.westfm.co.uk/cashforkids

fee xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment