Sunday 6 November 2011

Kassidy

I went to see Lana Del Rey (who I blogged about last month - current obsession) last night at the Oran Mor in Glasgow. I’ve slightly fallen in love with her voice and was worried she might disappoint live. I needn’t have worried her voice was just as stunning with that haunting edge live as it is recorded. It was a short show which felt more like a showcase than a headline gig but I left more than satisfied.  

This blog however is not about her but inspired by her gig. I love the camaraderie in the Glasgow music scene, going to a gig and the audience being full of bands checking out what’s new. Last night I noticed the boys from one of my favourite Scottish bands in the audience; Kassidy. Their debut album Hope St came out in March and has still not left my car CD changer. It doesn’t matter how much I listen to this band I just don’t get bored. Their harmonies are breath taking with four contrasting tones blending into an unforgettable sound. I could take about their music all day but their music says it best just be warned you will not be able to listen just once…



Kassidy - I Dont Know

I feel so fortunate as I got see these guys play in the most intimate of settings. I was asked to interview a new Glasgow band and record a quick session at my work at West Fm. When the guys came in I instantly warmed to them so down to earth and they seemed genuinely excited to be playing for us. After a quick chat we got down to business and started recording the session. I was instantly blown away! I can’t explain what was going through my mind but I knew this was a band that were going places and were going to have spot in my heart for a long time to come.

Unfortunately I hadn’t thought to video this session, something I wish I could share with everyone, just the band, the manager, a sound technician and me. A day I’ll never forget. This was that first song that hooked me in; I hope it does the same for you…


Kassidy - The Traveler

I can’t rave enough about this band live check out their tour dates here - Kassidy. If you get the chance you will not regret it.


fee x

No comments:

Post a Comment