Tuesday 15 January 2013

Slimy Smoothie

The gyms are full and the fruit aisle empty which means one thing... January. Everyone I speak to is on a diet to banish the post festive bulge. I just can't bring myself to diet, no matter what I try, as soon as I ban anything it's all I can think about.

Like everyone else I over indulged on the turkey, cheese and Christmas chocs. I wouldn't be too worried but with a big work event around the corner and a tight dress to fit into I clearly needed to do something. Instead of banning anything I decided a daily trip to the gym and a healthier diet would be the best thing to do. 

So instead of the usual cereal for breakfast and cheese and crackers for lunch I've been having a smoothie and a bowl of homemade soup. My usual smoothies are banana, yogurt and a variety of berries. For January I was looking for something to pack more of a punch and keep me filled up till lunch. 

This was the man for the job...
slimy smoothie
You'll need:

1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1 cup milk (almond is lower fat but cows tastes good - so use your fav)
1 banana (I like to chop them up and freeze them to keep them fresh and make my smoothie icy cold)
1 table spoon on peanut butter (fills you right up and fills you with energy)
4 handfuls of spinach 

Mix together and prepare to be surprised! 

I was very wary of my first sip, what with it looking like it belonged in a frog pond, however I was pleasantly surprised. It was yummy, filling and I've felt great since I've been drinking them. Don't let the spinach put you off... it's the perfect post workout breakfast!


fee x


No comments:

Post a Comment